Here is how you can install an setup install and set up QuickBooks Desktop for Mac without any hassle:
QuickBooks is a premium accounting software that is used by hundreds and thousands of companies globally. It is one of the best software which allows users to manage accounts for small and medium scale businesses. The best part of this software is that it is available for Mac users and that too with some features that are exclusive for Mac users. All this makes the accounting process easy and hassle-free. Some of the features that QuickBooks Mac Desktop offers are, automatic reminders in iCalender, timely notifications in the menu bar, auto contacts sync in Mac Operating system’s address book.
One of the issues that users face with QuickBooks Mac Desktop is regarding the installation and setting up procedure. And we have created this blog post to inform you of the complete process to Install and Set up QuickBooks desktop for Mac. So, let’s get started.
However, if you want an expert to help you in installing and setting up QuickBooks Mac desktop for you, in that case you can get in touch with our QuickBooks desktop for mac support team. You can reach out to our team of experts and certified professionals via our toll-free number i.e. 1(844)521-0490. Our executives will ensure to provide you with the best possible support service in a single call.
Important points before installing QuickBooks Mac desktop
- Before you begin with the installation process of QuickBooks desktop for MAC, it is better to consider certain pointers which include:
- Ensure to run QuickBooks Mac Desktop on your computer. Also check the minimum system requirements for the particular Mac version you use, for speedy installation.
- Also, if you have accidentally purchased QuickBooks for Windows, make sure to return the product and get the right version.
- Another important point to consider is to prepare the license and product numbers.
- If you have a downloaded product, then in that case, the email confirmation should contain the license and product number.
- And if you have the CD, then look for the scratch-off label on the packaging.
Minimum system requirements for QuickBooks Mac desktop
- At least MacOS 10.14 (Mohave); supported by MacOS 10.14 (Mojave)
- Intel processor, Core 2 Duo or higher
- Multi User Server: Intel COre 2 Duo or higher processor to run a server
- 2 GB RAM, however, 4 GB RAM is recommended
- 250 MB disk space available
- CD/DVD drive or internet connection for downloaded installation
- Printer should be 100% Macintosh-compatible printer, in order to print the invoices, checks, deposit slips, lists, purchase orders, mailing labels , reports, etc.
- For Mac, using Intuit Checks to print checks
- Product registration is a must
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error H303?
Steps to Download and Install QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
At first you can watch the below given video to download and install QuickBooks desktop for Mac on IOS devices.
Also see the manuel steps to install and download QuickBooks desktop for Mac:
- Start with downloading QuickBooks Software from the Intuit’s Website. You can skip this step in case you have a physical copy of the software. Visit the QuickBooks support website and choose the Mac version of the software.
- In case you face issues while downloading the installer, clear the browser’s cookies and cache memory. Also, if the issue still pops up, then try some other browser.
- Once the software is download, visit the location where the software is downloaded and double click on the QB executable file, this will initiate the file extraction process.
- After the extraction is completed, click on ‘Yes to All’ and then click on ‘Next to start the installation’
- Here, the ‘Software License Agreement‘ will appear on your screen make sure to read it correctly. If you agree with the terms and policies mentioned in the license agreement, then click ‘Next’ option.
- Now, you will be required to enter the ‘License and Product numbers‘. Make sure to enter the correct information in the designated slots and click ‘Next’ button.
- Here you will have to select the type of the installation. Following are the options that you will have a choice between:
- Express: This will allow the installer to go with the pre-instated set of choices. In case you have previous data of QuickBooks on your device, then choosing this option will replace the choices.
- Custom and Network: In case you are going to use multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop, then this option will be more optimum. It will allow you to proceed with the installation with options that will let you share data with other users on the same network.
- After this, you will have to select as to where you will be using QB Desktop (In case you have selected Express in the last step, you can skip this step):
- ‘I’ll be using QuickBooks on this Computer’: You should choose this option if you are not going to store company file on the Mac in which you are running QuickBooks.
- ‘I’ll be using QuickBooks on this computer, and I’ll be storing company file here’: Users should choose this option if they are going to store the company file on the same system on which QB desktop for Mac is being installed.
- I will not utilize QuickBooks on this Mac, I’ll be storing our business file here’: Users should choose this option if it is used nothing but as a file server.
- Once the above-mentioned steps are completed, click ‘Next’ to continue the installation. After the installation process is completed, restart the Mac and activate QuickBooks desktop.
Steps to upgrade or convert the company file in QuickBooks
If the user has upgraded from a previous QuickBooks Desktop for Mac version, then in that case the user must update the company file to work in the newer version. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all, open the company file in the newer QB version.
- And then, when you encounter the prompts from QuickBooks to update or even convert the company file, make sure that you select Upgrade option.
- The next step is to select OK button, in case of any prompt appear on the screen.
- The user is then required to check the balance, reports, and accounts to ensure the correct company file is converted. And this will upgrade your company file.
Steps to set up multi-user in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
If you have to offer access to multiple users, then you will have to set-up QuickBooks in multi-user mode. This will make sure that all the clients can access all the present files simultaneously without any issue.
- Open the Multi-user folder
- Drag the QuickBooks Server icon to the Application folder.
- Once done, click on the Authenticate to modify the application folder and then press OK after entering the username and password.
- After this, launch the QuickBooks desktop and open the company file.
- Now go to the File and choose Enable Multi-user mode to share the company file access.
Limitations of QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
Though QuickBooks Mac desktop is an amazing software, but there can be certain limitations at the same time. Such as:
- No access to data via mobile: QuickBooks online (qbo) permits the user to access the data from mobile phones, but this feature is not available in QuickBooks for Mac.
- Limited technical assistance: When the user purchases Mac desktop, unlimited tech support is provided for 30 days, but afterwards the user will have to purchase the support plan
- Maximum three user licenses: QuickBooks for Mac offer two user license and the user can buy additional one license only.
Once you completes all the steps as mentioned above, you will be able to use QuickBooks Desktop for Mac to the optimum level.
You might also like: What is QuickBooks PDF converter and How to use it?
In case you come across any error even after following the process mentioned, you can contact our QuickBooks enterprise support team at 1-844-521-0490 for quick and precise solutions of the issue. We use you are able to install and set up QuickBooks Desktop for MAC without any hassle.
Other recommended helpful articles: