For years, QuickBooks has been the most stable choice of all types of business owners. QuickBooks provides the best facilities in bookkeeping and maintaining all the business accounts. QuickBooks being the most prominent accounting software always comes with the new features and different advancements in its versions. It is an ideal tool for all types of enterprises either it is small, large or medium-sized.
In this article, we will talk about QuickBooks desktop which needs to be installed for one-time to access QuickBooks. It is more suitable for small and medium-sized businesses and those who have a product-based business that has complex inventory tracking. These kinds of enterprises are advised to install the QuickBooks Desktop. This post includes the methods to Download and Install QuickBooks Desktop. However, if you wish a team of expert to guide you in carrying out the process, then feel free in getting in touch with our support team via our toll-free number.
You may also read: What QuickBooks Versions are supported with Windows 10?
Brief into QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks desktop needs no introduction. It has marked its presence in the recent decades, and is dominating the accounting industry, across the globe. Incorporating QuickBooks in ones business, is just like adding a strong pillar to the building, which increases the toughness. QuickBooks desktop is one of the finest accounting software that offers a cloud based subscription services, which means that the user can access their database regardless of the place and time. This software transforms the way, businesses carried their accounting and bookkeeping activities.
Latest features of QuickBooks Desktop
Cash toggle on reports
- Just on a click, users can toggle displayed reports between Cash or Accrual Basis.
Search chart of accounts
- You can find and select a chart of account or sub-account by typing an account number and the account name or partial words of an account name.
Updated email security
- QuickBooks desktop includes securely sending of emails from Gmail, Outlook, and Windows Live accounts through QuickBooks, using improved multi-factor authentication.
Inventory report customization
- It applies to the following options: Inventory Valuation Summary or Detail, Inventory Stock Status by Item and Assembly Shortage by Item.
Sales order fulfillment workflow
- QuickBooks desktop also offers Real-time access to the status of sales order fulfillment in QuickBooks enterprise and also the access on the mobile connected device.
Mobile inventory scanning
- You can pick quantities at the warehouse using a barcode on device or Android phone to record inventory.
- It allows you to connect up to three monitors from the menu bar in QuickBooks.
Payroll liability and payment reminder
- This is one of the new features of QuickBooks desktop in which u can. It reminds you and your clients of upcoming payroll liabilities payments.
Past due stamps on QuickBooks
- It gives u visual confirmation that a customer’s Invoice is past due displays on the screen when an Invoice has a Past Due balance.
Merge vendor record
- It provides a consolidated window to efficiently identify and combine duplicated vendor records.
How to Download the QuickBooks desktop?
You can easily download QuickBooks Desktop from the Intuit site. Before downloading the desktop, it is important to know the 3 products of QuickBooks which you will download in QuickBooks. These are as follows:
1. QuickBooks Pro
2. QuickBooks Premier
3. QuickBooks Enterprise
Now, follow the steps given below to complete the download process:
Step 1: After you click the link on Intuit, you need to fill some information like region type of QuickBooks and product.
Step 2: After filling the information, the next step is to download the QuickBooks desktop product you have chosen.
Step 3: Now you have downloaded the QuickBooks desktop successfully in your system. The next step is to just install it and enjoy your business accounting.
Steps to Activate the QuickBooks desktop for Windows
Once you have downloaded the software you need to activate the QuickBooks desktop by entering the product key and product information. You can go with the following procedure or checkout the below given manual steps to activate the QuickBooks desktop.
- Firstly open your QuickBooks desktop and then press the F2 key, on your keyboard.
- After that open your Product Information window and then verify the registration status and the License number.
- If the status is showing Activated then you are all ready set!
- If the status is Not Activated then choose OK button to close the Product Information window,
- After that go to the Help menu and choose Activate QuickBooks option.
Related article: Perform a clean Installation of QuickBooks desktop
Steps to Install the QuickBooks desktop
Note: Before proceeding to the installation steps ensure that you are using the updated version of Windows OS. Also checkout that your computer system meets the system requirements. You need to keep product and license number handy.
- Go to the location where QuickBooks Desktop is downloaded and saved. Double-click the QuickBooks executable file to move further for the QB installation.
- Click Yes to all that prompted to overwrite the existing extracted files.
- Go next and read the Software License Agreement and select I accept.
- Then, fill license and product numbers enter your License and Product numbers and click Next.
- Then, choose the type of installation for the computer:
- Express: It allows the users to make the suggested choices for them, including replacing your previous version of QuickBooks if you have one.
- Custom and Network Options: You can choose this if you want to use multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop on the computer or if you want to use QuickBooks to share data with other users on a network.
- Select where you want to run QuickBooks. Note: If you have selected express in the previous step then, skip to step 9.
- Select ‘I’ll be using QuickBooks on this computer’- if you are not using QuickBooks in a network or if you are installing on a computer that will be used for running QuickBooks and not to store the company file.
- Choose ‘I’ll be using QuickBooks on this computer and I will be storing our company file here so it can be shared over our network’- if you will be running QuickBooks and storing or sharing the company file on the network.
- Select ‘I will not use QuickBooks on this computer: It will be storing our company file here to share it over a network.’ – If no one will be using QuickBooks on this computer and it will be used as a file server to share the company file over the network.
- Click on the option ‘Install‘ to continue the process, or click Back if you need to go back and review any of the previous screens.
- If any QuickBooks processes are operating during the installation process then, the installer will ask you to restart your computer or else, click Open QuickBooks.
- After installation is completed, activate QuickBooks and you’re ready to use QuickBooks.
You can also checkout the video that might be helpful for you:
With these steps and procedures, we hope that all the users will easily manage to download QuickBooks desktop in the system. This article clearly makes you aware of all the latest and advanced features of QuickBooks desktop.
We are winding up this article because we believe that you will show trust in QuickBooks and will install and download the QuickBooks desktop with the help of steps given in this post. If you anytime face any query, Contact us on our QuickBooks enterprise toll-free number i.e. 1(844)521-0490 and get connected to our tech professionals.
You might also like: