In this article, we have explained QuickBooks Enterprise installation and setup guide especially for those users who have no idea for how to install or upgrade it on their system. All you need to follow these simple steps as instructed by our Intuit certified ProAdvisors that helped to install or configure QuickBooks Enterprise software.
If you are a new user or have no knowledge about how to make a financial statement in a well-mannered then you can take help from enterprise support team by dialing +1(844)521-0490.
You’ll also like: Troubleshoot QuickBooks Desktop Error 6123, 0
How to Install and Setup QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise?
As discussed above, all users need to follow this guide step-by-step to install and setup the QuickBooks enterprise solution application on your computer. Follow the below given instructions to install and setup the QuickBooks desktop enterprise software.
- A preparation that requires the test your network.
- Then installed the QuickBooks Enterprise.
- Setup sharing
- Provide access to company files
- Install QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise software on all workstations.
- Set up multi-user hosting
- Now set up your company file & import your existing data from multi-user hosting.
- Register QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
- Create a company file
- Scan company files
- Start to configure your Enterprise software for a substantial business.
- QuickBooks setup
- Create Users and Roles
See Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6147?
Step 1: Prep and test your network
Note: – Before installing this version, a user should know some of the essential things as like networking or a file sharing, permission. Also, first take all your back up records of an accounting system and then configured it. Now you can setup your network by following these three options as described here:-
Central Server Option:
In this server, a QuickBooks database server manager is installed where a user can store all company files.
Peer to Peer Option:
This QB enterprise is installed on every workplace or any computer device. One station is able to store the company file and other users can easily access the files on the network.
Remote Desktop Services Option:
In this remote desktop option, an enterprise software is already installed on a central server. Here others will not get an option to access this application or to open the company file. If troubling somewhere, the end user can contact to the enterprise support team anytime.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 15227?
Step 2: Install QuickBooks desktop enterprise
The most important thing is to install the QuickBooks enterprise version on any computer device/laptop or Smartphone.
As below-mentioned the steps, go through this:
- First of all, close your entire running tabs consisting anti-virus program in your system.
- Then select and then click on the Option of a downloaded file.
- To do so, a user required to follow the screen instructions that display on your desktop until you find the select the installation options window.
- After doing this, you easily find three options, just select it. You can select what you want for this.
- When your configuration is completed then again follow the on-screen instructions.
After processing these two steps if there any issues persist or you need any further information, you can freely ask it to our accounting professionals. Our experts are certified from Intuit and have years of experience to tackle all types of accounting problems in fingertips.
Step 3: Set-up the multi-user hosting
At a multi-user hosting, just 1 PC can host multi-user access. There’s not any need to empower multi-user hosting to the server in case you have installed database server manager.
- The multi user hosting will be “ON” in server and “OFF” in workstation in central server
- Also, the multi-user hosting will be “ON” in server and not applicable on the workstation in remote desktop server
- Multi user hosting will be “ON” in server and off in the workstation in Peer to peer option
Ensure that multi user hosting is enabled on the server
- Only one user can able to host a multi-user access.
- Check the multi-user host & get to enabled it on your server as.
- First of all, open your QB desktop enterprise software on a server.
- Then select the file and give one click on Utilities.
- Now check that Stop hosting multi- access displayed in the Utilities
If further appear then follow the points as instructed below as:-
- Give one click on Multi-user hosting.
- Then select the file and select & click on the Utilities tab.
- Click on a Yes option, when it starts to confirm the multi-user access.
- When it asks to close & a user needs to re-open the company access file. After that click on a Yes option.
Read also: How to fix QuickBooks Error 9999
Step 4: Configure you QuickBooks Enterprise for your business
A setup of a QuickBooks enterprise is very easy and simple. A user needs to follow the on-screen command instructions and click on to start the key button as explained by our professionals.
Quick Start Center:
Usually an accountant is used to create multiple invoices, bills, checks, sales receipts, etc. With the help of this maintain entries in your QuickBooks Software, this makes too easy to view all details of any client or vendors details with pending payment.
Now review your chart of accounts:
If QuickBooks creates a chart of accounts that depends on the type of business when a QuickBooks enterprise software setup process is under:
- Back-up all your company files data. The best ways to take a backup of a company file via online. It is a part of your active subscription. It works in a safe mode.
If you subscribe to this service, you need to bring a year to date payroll advice. In case you haven’t afterward, your payroll tax info might not accurate.
Backup your company file:
The very best service of backup company file is online service. This service is part of this busy subscription. It functions very securely.
You may also like: Steps to transfer QuickBooks to new computer
Step 5: Create users and roles
To create users and roles in QuickBooks enterprise solutions please follow the below steps:
Steps to setup a role:
- Firstly, Start your QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.
- Go to the Company menu > click Users > click Set-Up Users > and click Roles.
- After that click the Role List tab.
- Hit a click the New button.
- Now type the name of the role in the Role Name field or select an existing role.
- Give the access levels to the activities.
- Finally click OK button.
Steps to setup a user:
- Click to the User List tab
- Hit a click on the New button.
- Now fill the name of the user in the User Name field.
- After that type the Password in the Password field and confirm the Password fields.
- Assign roles to this user and then click OK button.
You might also like: How to resolve QuickBooks abort error?
If facing issues in configuring QuickBooks enterprise then why to get anxious about such tiny problems? We are available here for throughout the day in a one year and seek abrupt assistance proffered by or professionals that are highly proficient and has great skills in rendering innumerable issues on a present time.
Feel free to ask your doubts to our QuickBooks enterprise help & support team at 1(844)521-0490 at any time over online chat, email support or in a telephonic conversation. We serve our best assistance for 24/7/365 and delivered you effectual services.
Other helpful articles