Are you facing QuickBooks error code 1606 and unable to decide what to do? Well, need not to worry anymore, as today we will be discussing the entire process to fix this issue. This error usually indicates that QuickBooks is unable to find or access a network location during the installation of QuickBooks or the windows current user account has been damaged. This error usually comes with an error message:
“Error 1606: QuickBooks not access network location”.
If you are interested in finding out the quick fixes to QuickBooks error code 1606, then scroll through the post and unleash the solutions immediately. Moreover, for further technical assistance, you can contact us at our toll-free customer support number i.e. 1-844-521-0490. Our team of experts and certified professionals will ensure to provide the best possible support services immediately.
Quick fixes to QuickBooks error code 1606
The user can get rid of the QuickBooks error code 1606, by carrying out the below mentioned solutions:
Solution 1: Installing QuickBooks with the help of admin user account
The very first method to resolve this issue is to install QuickBooks desktop with the help of admin user account. This account is usually managed by the system technician or owner of the company. The steps involved are:
- The very first step is to reboot the system
- And then use the windows admin username and password for signing in the system
- After that install the QuickBooks desktop.
Solution 2: Installing QuickBooks in selective startup mode
- The initial step is to prepare the data by creating a backup of the company file
- And starting the system in selective startup mode
- This can be done by pressing Windows + R keys to open the run command
- And then, type in msconfig and hit OK button.
- After that, select selective startup and load system services in the general tab
- Also, the user needs to move to the services tab and then select hide all Microsoft services
- Followed by select disable all
- Once done with that, the user needs to uncheck the hide all Microsoft services checkbox
- The user needs the windows installer checkbox is selected from the list of services. In case it is not, select the checkbox
- Now, select OK.
- The last step is to select restart on the system configuration window
- The user is required to uninstall or install QuickBooks desktop
- And also, switch back to normal startup.
See Also: How to Enter Inventory in QuickBooks?
Solution 3: Installing QuickBooks with windows admin user
- The user is simply required to create a new windows user with admin rights
- And then install QuickBooks desktop
Solution 4: In case you are running QuickBooks desktop in windows 7 installed in parallels
The user can opt for QuickBooks desktop in windows 7 installed in parallels. This can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- This can be done by signing out of the parallel and log back in
- Also, in the parallel desktop, the user needs to select devices and also click on shared folders
- The next step is to select disconnect all (you will be logged out of the parallel)
- The last step is sign back in and then install QuickBooks desktop
Solution 5: Fixing incorrect registry subkey
Important: This process is intended for system admin. It includes editing the registry, which if not done correctly could result in serious damage to the device.
If the error persists, the user might have incorrect setting in registry sub-key. For which, the user needs to correct settings.
Also See: How to fix the QuickBooks error 3007?
After the above steps are incorporated, we expect that the user will be able to successfully get rid of the QuickBooks error code 1606. In case the error continues to trouble you, even after following the above steps, then we recommend you to contact our professionals right away at 1-844-521-0490.
Do not hesitate in calling us at any point of time, as our QuickBooks enterprise customer support experts will be happy to help you.
Articles to read: