Often while working with QuickBooks accounting software, the user end up in facing the QuickBooks error C=1304. This error can be seen when the user tries to update QuickBooks or repair the installation of QB. This error can also be seen with the CD or the CD drive or by the damaged .NET component.
In this informative blog, we will let you know about the critical QuickBooks Error code C=1304. This QB error code appears when the QuickBooks user tries to install this application on the workstation. Thus, it is also known as Installation error. Generally, this error code pop up on the display while updating the QuickBooks to its latest released version.
Read Also: Solve QuickBooks Error Code H505
You may see the following error message in your desktop screen:
Here we are going to provide you instant troubleshooting steps to fix the QuickBooks Error Code C=1304. For manual support, you can directly get in touch with us at 24/7 QuickBooks Enterprise support. Our certified experts are available through toll-free helpline number i.e. 1(844)521-0490.
This error message commonly appears with an error message shown below.
Error Message C=1304: “Error writing to file (filename)”
What Causes QuickBooks Error C=1304?
The Error C=1304 occurs during the update or installation of QB program. Let’s start with it’s causes:
- If the QuickBooks installation CD damaged.
- Due to the corruption or damage in Microsoft .Net component.
- If the CD Drive isn’t running properly.
- Microsoft components are damaged or corrupted.
List of other error code that might appear:-
- QuickBooks Error Code C=9
- QB Error Code C=21
- QuickBooks Error Code C=342
- Error Code C=343
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=1304?
QuickBooks Error code C=1304 fundamentally related with the issues that arises due to failed QuickBooks update or installation. This might also be caused by a damaged Microsoft .Net component. You can fix it immediately is – before you start QuickBooks installation, creating a copy of the installation folder from the CD and paste it over a local storage device.
Follow the below given steps in order to manually resolve this error:
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Installation CD
Talking about the resolution for the error code C=1304, the very first process is to use QuickBooks installation CD. This process can help the user in resolving the error up to much extent. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- Eject the CD drive of the computer. Later, place and insert the QB installation CD.
- In case, the installer runs automatically..! Then, exit the installer.
- Click on the “Windows” or “Start” button to navigate to the “Explorer”.
- Built a new folder with the name QBInstall on the desktop.
- Copy the installation files from the CD Drive. Later, paste the files in the QBInstall folder at the desktop.
- Use the QBInstall folder to install the QuickBooks again.
- Pursue the detailed instructions given on your system and select or click on the positive options like “Yes” or “Ok”. Later, wait for the QB installation process to get completed.
- Open the QuickBooks again and if the problem persists then follow the solution 2.
See Also: How to Enter Inventory in QuickBooks?
Solution 2: Use the ‘Reimage Repair Tool’ to Scan the PC
Use the “Reimage Repair Tool” to scan, detect, and repair the QB error codes. You can avail this free tool from the Intuit’s official website. Here is the procedure to remove the critical errors out from the QuickBooks software.
- From the Intuit’s official website, download & install the latest released version of Re-image Repair Tool.
- Hit onto the ‘Setup File’ from the downloaded folder in order to start the installation process.
- Once the tool installed into the system, start the scanning process.
- After the scanning process, a report will appear with all the errors & technical issues that might hamper the system.
- To resolve these errors, hit onto the “Start Repair” button.
- Once the repair process completed, the user must restart the system.
Solution 3: Use copied folder to install QuickBooks
This solution involves installing QuickBooks via the copied folder, which is copied to the hard drive. The steps involved in this process is as follows:
- To begin, launch QuickBooks folder having the copied file.
- And then, begin with the “installation process“, and then double click the “setup.exe” file.
- Lastly, the user needs to follow the on-screen instructions and end the process.
Solution 4: Apply Manual Restoration
The user needs to apply manual restoration in case the above method fails to fix the issue. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- The very first step is to restart the system and login the system as Administrator.
- On the keyboard, tap on the “Windows” or “Start” tab.
- Later, search & select “All Program” icon => “Accessories” icon => “System Tools” icon => “System Restore” icon.
- Choose the “Restore my computer to an earlier time” icon.
- Select the ‘date and time’ when you wish to restore the system. Later, hit onto the “Next” tab.
- Follow the prompted instruction on the system display and select correct responses.
- Finally, reboot or restart the system after the restoration process completed.
The above-shown 4 solutions are enough to fix the QuickBooks Error Code C=1304..! In case, the error code pertains or you need any help from the accounting professionals – we recommend you to dial our QuickBooks help number i.e. +1-844-521-0490
You might also see: