Easy hacks to restore QuickBooks backup file to solve unable to backup company file error in QuickBooks:
When the people across the globe are getting dependent upon technology for every small thing, the accounting industry is not an exception. Entrepreneurs are getting more and more dependent upon QuickBooks accounting software for carrying out their daily accounting and bookkeeping activities. It also offers the facility to backup the company file and data, in order to ensure easy recovery of the data, in emergency cases or when necessary.
But despite being the top notch accounting software, QB users might encounter certain errors while working with the software. These types of errors can put a serious threat to the crucial data that is saved in the software. One such error is QuickBooks unable to backup the company file error. Well, this could be a serious error if ignored. Thus, the users are required to ensure that they take the necessary action towards this issue, as soon as possible. We have come up with this article, with an aim to provide the user with the proper knowledge of the error, along with the quick fixes of the same.
When this error occurs you may see the following error messages:
QuickBooks Unable To Backup Company File.
QuickBooks users can also consult our support team, for professional assistance. All you need to do is just dial our toll-free number i.e. +1-844-521-0490, and our team of QuickBooks enterprise support experts and certified ProAdvisors will provide you with round the clock assistance.
Read also: What is QuickBooks Desktop Error -6123, 0?
Reasons behind restoration failure problem
One of the most commonly seen cause behind these kinds of error is when the .ND file is incorrect, or gets damaged. Also, if the .QBW file was moved at the time of an upgrade that too without moving the corresponding .ND file. The other causes of such failure can be as follows:
- When the company file backup is saved to an external disk, this type of error could be seen.
- Also, when the size of the company file exceeds 3 GB, the user might encounter such kind of error.
- In case another program is running in the background scanning QuickBooks desktop.
- Also, the case may be when there is an .ADR extension in the file’s name.
- Another reason can be, if the backup is being restored over an existing company file.
- If you company file name includes certain special characters, then the backup failure issue can trouble you.
- And the list continues……………………………….
Errors Associated with QuickBooks unable to backup company file
The QuickBooks unable to backup company file error can become a reason behind the occurrence of various other errors, such as:
- QuickBooks error C=343 or C=422
- QuickBooks error -6190, -816
- Error -6073, -99001
- QuickBooks error 3371: QuickBooks installation is damaged
- QuickBooks error H101, H202, H303, and H505
- Unrecoverable error messages
- QuickBooks error -6189, -82
Techniques to fix ‘QuickBooks Unable To Backup Company File’ error
There can be various methods or techniques to fix the issue. We will be discussing some of the most effective techniques to restore the QuickBooks backup file.
Technique #1: Renaming the company file and removing special character from the name
- First of all right click the file name, and then select the Rename option.
- Enter a new file name, and ensure to avoid entering special characters in the company file name.
- Lastly, hit Enter and you are good to go.
Related Post: QuickBooks Desktop Trial Links for Download
Technique #2: Repairing the company file
Due to various reasons, the company file might get affected. Thus, it is recommended to use the QuickBooks file doctor tool, in order to troubleshoot any data damage.
Technique #3: Verify true backup file
- The very first thing to remember is that the file should not be less than 6 MB. Thus, the users is required to Verify or cross check the file size, once done with the company file backup.
- The next thing is to right-click on the File option, and then hit the Properties option, in order to verify the file size.
- If the file size is less than 6 MB, then the file is not a true backup file, in such a case the user is required to make a new backup.
Technique #4: Utilize the same or new version of QuickBooks while restoring the backup file
To know the QuickBooks version that the user is currently using, especially at the time of restoring the backup file, the user can simply use QuickBooks File Manager.
Technique #5: Avoid overwriting an existing file
- The user is required to save the file on a location that can be easily accessed.
- In case the file name resembles any other file name in the same folder, then a message will be seen on the screen “The file name exists. Would you like to overwrite this file?”
- Then, in such case the user will be required to click on NO, and then change the file name.
You may also like: Easy Steps to QuickBooks installation error codes 1904, 1402
Technique #6: Run the Verify/Rebuild Utility Tools
Resolve any data issues within the company file using the Verify/Rebuild Utility Tools. Follow the steps below to perform these steps:
- To manually repair QuickBooks, the user is required to visit the QuickBooks File menu, and then Utilities and Rebuild data.
- The next step is to visit the QuickBooks file menu and then move to the Utilities and Verify data option.
Technique #7: Backup the Company File to an external drive or flash drive
In case the error continues to trouble the QB user, then save the backup of the QuickBooks company file to a local hard drive partition on the system, followed by copying the backup to an external drive. Steps involved in the process are as follows:
- To begin with, the user is required to visit the File menu, and then choose the Save copy or backup.
- Once done with that, choose the backup copy, followed by clicking on Next.
- Then, pick the local backup option, and hit Next.
- Now, the user is required to select save it now, when prompted and then hit Next.
- The next step is to browse to a location on the local drive, and then tap on the Save button.
- Once done with that, the user is required to minimize QuickBooks desktop.
- Followed by locating the backup file on the local drive.
- The next step is to right click on the file and select Copy option.
- Now, open the Windows Explorer window.
- Moving ahead, double click the driver letter that corresponds to the external drive or flash drive, in order to open it.
- The last and final step is to right click on the empty space that is inside the window, followed by hitting the paste option.
Technique #8: Setting up QuickBooks desktop to use new company file name
- In this process, the user is required to click on open or restore an existing company file in the QuickBooks file menu.
- And after that select open a company file and hit next.
- End the process by selecting new company file name, and click open, and you are good to go.
Fixing the QuickBooks unable to backup company file error can be a serious issue if ignored. Thus, it is highly recommended to take necessary action, as soon as the error is encountered. In case following any of the above methods didn’t work in your favor, we would recommend the user to seek for some professional assistance. You can ring up to our 24/7 QuickBooks error support team at our toll-free number i.e. 1(844)521-0490.
You are always welcomed by our team of experts and certified accounting professionals. Our team do not leave any stone unturned to provide the best possible round the clock assistance. Thus, do not hesitate to discuss your issue with our seamless technical team.
You might also like: