Learn all you need to know about QuickBooks web connector.
QuickBooks web connector is basically a go-between application that permits the qbXML and qbposXML to pass between a web-based application and QuickBooks financial software or POS. In simple words QuickBooks web connector is an interface that assists in gathering the information from third-party web based applications. QBWC works on simple object access protocol also named as SOAP. It can also sync and gather the information on its own in QuickBooks.
QuickBooks web connector works with QB Point of sale and also QuickBooks desktop and is an XML file that was designed to craft bridge between web applications and QB desktop products. To know more about QuickBooks web connector, the user is required to go through this article carefully. In this article, we will be discussing the ways to install, uninstall, add an application, and many other facts associated with web connector. However, another alternative for this can be to get in touch with support team and get the information in detail.
You can contact our enterprise technical support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1(844)521-0490, and our team will provide you with the best possible information regarding QuickBooks web connector.
Read Also: How to use accounting tools in QuickBooks?
Steps to Setup and install QuickBooks web connector
Note: Before beginning with the installation process, the user is required to ensure that he/she has the .qwc file from the third party web-service provider, prior to the installation or re-installation process of QuickBooks web connector.
In order to install QuickBooks web connector, there are certain steps that the user can carry out, which include the following:
- The very first step is to download the installer of QuickBooks web connector.
- Once done with that, the next step is to unzip the downloaded installer and then run the .exe file.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to follow the prompts to complete the installation. The point to be noted here is that the windows components would be installed in the installation process if required.
In case the version given above didn’t work for you, then you can download a different version of QuickBooks Web Connector from here:
- Version 188.8.131.52: (75.7 MB)
- Version 184.108.40.206: (79.8 MB)
- Version 220.127.116.11: (80.8 MB)
- Version 18.104.22.168: (80.8 MB)
- Version 22.214.171.124: (77.9 MB)
- Version 126.96.36.199: (12.6 MB)
Following these steps would help the QB users to install web connector with much ease. Once the QuickBooks web connector gets installed, the next step is to add an application to the web connector.
Steps to add an application to web connector
- In order to add an application to web connector, the very first step is to go to the File menu and choose Update Web Services option.
- Now In the Web Connector window, choose Add Application.
- Once done with that, the user is required to browse to the third application’s .qbw file. It should be noted that the .qwc file will be provided to the QB users by the third-party web application’s provider. The user is required to download the file to the system.
- The last step is to select the .qwc file and then click on Open.
How to add new web service with QuickBooks web connector?
Adding new web service to the list of web services that QuickBooks web connector QBWC helps the user to communicate with is pretty simple, just like downloading a file. It should be noted that QuickBooks web connector can be used with any QB desktop product that is supported by QuickBooks SDK or the QBPOS SDK, it also includes the following:
- U.S. editions of QuickBooks financial software products
- Enterprise solutions
- Premier (2002 or later)
- Pro (2002 or later)
- Simple start (2006 or later)
- QuickBooks point of sale
- Canadian editions of QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise (2003 or later)
- UK editions of QuickBooks Pro or Accountant edition (2003 or later)
- QuickBooks Point of Sale (v4.0 or later) – QBWC 188.8.131.52 or earlier.
QuickBooks Web Connector 184.108.40.206 and older versions only support up to TLS 1.0.
The QB Web Connector 220.127.116.11 and newer versions will only work with the following versions of QuickBooks:
- U.S. editions of QuickBooks Financial Software products
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions (2015 or later)
- QuickBooks Premier (2015 or later)
- Canadian editions of QuickBooks (2015 or later)
- QuickBooks Pro (2015 or later)
- UK editions of QuickBooks (2015 or later)
QuickBooks Web Connector 18.104.22.168 and newer versions support TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2.
How to prevent QuickBooks web connector from opening at the time of starting the computer?
If the QB user is not using the Web connector, he/she can simply remove it from the Windows startup group, in order to prevent the web connector form opening the each time while starting the system. Removing the shortcut from startup might disable the application that uses a web connector to communicate with QuickBooks accounting software.
- First of all the user is required to open the startup folder.
Windows 10 and 8
- Press Windows + R keys to open the run window
- Then type in shell:startup and click OK.
- Hit Start button and then click on All Programs/Program
- Select startup from the programs list.
- The next step is to right click the QuickBooks web connector and then opt for delete option.
- Now, when the user will see prompt to confirm shortcut delete, he/she is required to tap on delete shortcut. It should be noted that in case the need to add web connector to startup arises, then copy and paste the shortcut to path C:\Users\USER NAME\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Startup Menu\Programs\Startup.
You may also read: Reset password for QuickBooks admin and other users
How to fix QuickBooks Web Connector Errors?
Though web connector has always worked amazingly, but at times due to some or the other reasons, certain errors could be encountered. These errors generally require some quick fixes in order to keep pulling the information in QuickBooks desktop. Various QuickBooks web connector error codes could be encountered and the solution for each error varies accordingly. This article contains a list of errors and the relevant information associated with the errors.
Let us have a look at a few of the commonly encountered errors one by one:
QBWC error 1085
Error message: QuickBooks was unable to write the log file. QuickBooks will open without writing the log file.
What Causes this problem?
The QuickBooks web connector error 1085 could be seen at time when the QWCLOG.TXT file which is used by the web connector gets damaged or can’t be accessed.
Troubleshooting QuickBooks QBWC error 1085
In order to resolve QuickBooks QBWC error 1085, the user can either remove the Web connector from the startup menu, or can rename the QWCLOG.TXT file. The renaming process involves the following steps:
- The first step is to close QuickBooks web connector and QuickBooks software completely
- Then, follow the path C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log
- And then rename the QWCLOG,TXT to QWCLOGOLD.TXT
- Now, reopen the web connector
- And lastly, the user is required to restart the computer and then open QuickBooks and login to the third party application.
QBWC error 1006 and It’s solution
Error Message: QBWC1006: QuickBooks Web Connector failed to run
What causes this problem?
This error is generally seen when the web connector is unable to locate the file that it needs to work on i.e. QWCLOG.TXT.
Solution of QuickBooks error 1006
In order to fix this error, the QuickBooks users can correct its permissions. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- To begin with the user is required to open file explorer in windows.
- The next step is to find the QWCLOG.TXT file and visit the folder C:\Users\Public\AppData\local\IntuitQuickBooks Web Connector\version directory.
- Once done with that, the user is required to look for QWCLOG.TXT file.
- The final step is to open web connector to ensure that the error is fixed.
QBWC error 1040
Error message: “Web connector did not provide a valid username and password“
The QBWC error 1040 could be seen when the added application has no password entered or entered with an incorrect password.
Solution of this error
In order to fix this error, the user can try to enter the existing password and username carefully and then try to sync. However, if the problem continues, the user can get the right password from the third-party application provider and then enter the same again.
You may also read: What are .nd files in QuickBooks desktop?
QBWC Error code 1038
Error message: User canceled from master key input. Need a master key to continue. If you forgot the master key, you would need to re-enter the password again to reset the master key.
The reason behind the error code 1038 can be when the master key is invalid, or the user cancels it without entering it. The master key in QuickBooks web connector basically stores the passwords of all the web application.
Solution of the problem
In order to fix this error, the user is required to enter the correct master key. Another option is to reset the password, in case the master key is lost due to any reason. This means that the replication of master key for all the web applications as they automatically get encrypted with the new master key.
QBWC Error 1035
Error message: DNS.Resolve (localhost) failed due to Exception – [An error message will appear describing the possible root cause of the failure]
QBWC Error 1035 can be caused due to various factors. This error could be encountered if the user is having a wrong .QWC file from the App provider.
Solution of this error
This type of error can be a bit tricky for the users to tackle with. Thus, the user can reach out to the application provider to deal with it.
QBWC Error 1022, 1023, 1024
Error message: An error occurred when connecting to QuickBooks
The errors 1022, 1023, 1024 can be seen when the users adds an application to the QuickBooks Web connector and after that look for the file ID. The common errors can be: QuickBooks not running, related company might not open, or something might prevent the QuickBooks from establishing the connection.
Solution of this error
In order to fix this error, the user can simply close and reopen the QuickBooks desktop followed by updating the same. Once completing that, open the company file that is supposed to be connected and then close the dialog boxes in the QuickBooks desktop. If in case the error continues to trouble the user, the user can seek assistance from professionals, in order to avoid any further mess.
Read Also: Why QuickBooks activation not working error?
QBWC Error 1011
Error message: Application named does not exist in the registry. It is possible that the view and registry are out of sync. Restart QuickBooks web connector.
There is only one cause due to which this error could be seen, namely QuickBooks web connector unable to sync with the system registry, ending up in QBWC error 1011.
Solution of this error
In order to fix QBWC error 1011, the user is required to follow the steps below:
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks web connector by simply right clicking the web connector icon.
- Then select the exit option.
- The next step in the process is to close the company file linked with the third party application.
- And then update the QuickBooks desktop and close the same.
- Moving ahead, the user is required to open the QuickBooks software and also the company file.
- Now, reboot the web connector program.
- And ensure that the application is in the list or the user might have to add the .QWC file from the third party.
- And lastly enter the credentials.
QBWC Error 1005 – 1009
Error message: QuickBooks web connector failed to run, Some trace information was captured during the failure. Please see the QWCLOG.TXT file for trace information.
There can be multiple causes of the QuickBooks web connector error 1005 – 1009. The causes of the error include the following:
- This type of error could be seen when the QuickBooks web connector fails to run the log file, due to permissions restrictions for the active Windows user to access the log Directory.
- The relevant company file can’t be opened or QuickBooks accounting software is not running.
- Another cause can be an open dialog box blocking the connectivity.
Solution of this error
To fix this bug, the user is required to:
- Redefine the permission to log in by an IT admin
- Then close and reopen the QuickBooks software
- After that update the same to the latest release.
- And the last option is to open the related company file.
What is QBWC Error 1018?
Error message: No application to select at this time.
The error code 1018 can be seen when no application is incorporated in QuickBooks Web Connector and the user without seeing hits the Select all button.
Solution of this error
In order to rectify this error, the user can simply reload the application or application into QuickBooks web connector before hitting the select all option.
The QuickBooks web connector tool is a wide term. In this article, we have tried to cover almost every aspect of web connector and also it’s errors. However, if the user faces any difficulty or in case of any query, he/she can feel free to speak to our QuickBooks enterprise support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-844-521-0490.
Our team of experts and certified professionals are to assist you in your journey of making the best of accounting software. Thus, do not hesitate in reaching out to our experts, we will be happy to help you.
Checkout some other helpful articles: