Intuit Data Protect is basically a backup service that works with QuickBooks. This is basically used to backup and protect the files and folders. In simple words, the Intuit data protect backs up the files and folders automatically once a day. The user can also backup manually at any point of time. Setting up Intuit Data Protect works in backing up data every day. In today’s post, we will show you the process to set up and schedule the backups. Thus, we recommend you scroll through this post carefully and unleash the entire process of setting up Intuit data protect to back up files.
Whereas, an alternate for the same can be to contact our QuickBooks professionals. You can give us a call at 1(844)521-0490, and our experts and certified ProAdvisors will be happy to help you.
Intuit Data Protect System Requirements
We want you to have a smooth set up. Here’s helpful info with requirements to run Intuit Data Protect prior to set up.
- Make sure your operating system is Windows 7 or higher.
- The Windows user setting up Intuit Data Protect needs to have local admin rights to the computer. They need full access to all folder.
- You’ll want to install the full version of QuickBooks Desktop on the Server or the computer where you set up Intuit Data Protect.
- You’ll want to use a local file path on the computer. We don’t support network drives you map.
- For security purposes, make sure you update the Norton Life lock certificate every six months. Just log out and back into Intuit Data Protect.
- You’ll need to store files on your local area network. (We don’t support Box, Googles Sheets, and OneDrive.)
Steps to Add access to Intuit Data Protect secure sites in Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer and select the gear icon (Tools).
- Select Internet options and then the Security tab.
- Select Trusted sites and then Sites.
- Add all secure websites that mention Intuit Data Protect and then select Close.
Steps for Setting up Intuit Data Protect
Once the user signs up, he/she can set up Intuit Data Protect on the system, where the files are saved. Here are the steps how you can set up the Intuit data protect to back up the files.
- The very first step is to open the QuickBooks software on the system or server that stores the QuickBooks file. You can press F2 key in the QuickBooks to find out, in case you are unable to spot it.
- Now, the user needs to navigate to the file menu. Followed by, selecting the backup company and also set up/activate online backup.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to sign in with the email used at the time of sign up. It should not be confused with the QuickBooks login, as it is different
- After the setup is complete, the user needs to hit continue.
- Now, the user needs to select the QuickBooks company file and hit continue. In case the user has the entire PC plan, then the user needs to choose the folders to be backed up. And hit continue.
- Also, select the checkbox for back up local selected documents and then choose continue.
- Followed by, selecting the files and folders that are to be backed up and hit continue.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to schedule the daily backup and then click on continue.
- To end the process, the user needs to set up the notifications settings and again choose continue.
It should be noted that the first backup might take a few hours. It actually depends upon the number of files and their size. Need not to worry, as the backups after the first one, will only take a few minutes.
Making a backup with Intuit data protect
The user can back up files and folders manually with the help of Intuit data protect. The steps involved in this process:
- The very first step is to right click the Intuit data protect icon and then choose open Intuit data protect. The icon might look like a green padlock on the windows toolbar.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to choose the back up now option.
- The next step is to choose back up now.
- Also, choose the files and folders the user would like to back up and the hit continue.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to select the backup now. Also, the user will see a message that says the backup is successful.
- To end the process, the user needs to hit ok button.
Get technical assistance form experts
Setting up Intuit data protect to back up files becomes easy with the steps above. We have tried to sum up the steps to set up Intuit data protect, in order to back up files. However, if you are stuck at any of the stage, or if you feel the need of any technical assistance, then give us a call right away at 1-844-521-0490.
Our QuickBooks enterprise tech support team will be there to assist you in a single call. We are a hub of technocrats who have years of experience in this field. So, do not hesitate in calling us anytime.
More helpful articles: